Point Hospital and Doctor's House, Ambrim Island, c.1905
copy of a delicately hand-tinted magic lantern slide. These buildings in
their idyllic looking setting were totally destroyed in a massive volcanic
eruption at the end of 1913. All that remained in their place was a volcanic
lagoon surrounded by a desolate volcanic scene.
Archives. No Reproduction Without Written Permission
Close This Window to Return To The Main Screen