The Presbyterian Children and Families Ministry exists to see communities of faith inspired to share God’s big story by engaging authentically with children and families. We are currently advertising for an Associate Children and Families Director (0.5FTE) who will join the team in:
- Leading the PCANZ into authentic engagement with children and families.
- Advocating for children and families so that they are woven into the fabric/DNA of the church and have authentic participation.
- Encouraging, equipping and supporting church leaders and those who work with children and families.
- Lead, develop and maintain the ministry that reaches children and families in the PCANZ.
- Collaborate and help lead relevant national special projects as determined by the PCANZ.
- Support regional children and families enablers.
- Advocate for churches to be engaging and discipling children and families.
- Encourage, equip and support children of the PCANZ in their faith and to use their gifts to minister to others.
- Encourage, equip and support parents and caregivers of the PCANZ to role model faith, to teach faith at home, engage in faith forming activities and take responsibility for the discipleship of their children.
- Ensure there is adequate training and resourcing for families as well as church members to support the discipleship of children and young people.
- Provide advice to children and families ministry leaders, parishes, presbyteries and PCANZ team members on children and families ministry.
The successful candidate will have:
- Work history preferably within a religious context
- A demonstrable work history in children and families ministry, preferably including experience in ministry resourcing and leadership development.
- Membership in a Christian Church and would naturally be supportive and identify with the mission and ministry of the Presbyterian Church.
- Experience working across cultural diversity.
- Professional credibility to inspire confidence, together with a proven ability to provide high quality work within deadlines and timeframes; a strong calibre of leadership, a focus on collaboration, support and communication.
Be based in a major centre in New Zealand.
Applications close: 13 October 2020
Click here for a complete job description. To apply, please email Robin a cover letter and CV, and for further information contact Robin Humphreys, email@example.com