New Creation New Zealand offer a series of workshops and sermons to support churches to respond to the issue of caring for creation. Contact New Creation New Zealand (details below) to organise a workshop or sermon at your church.
These short, sharp workshops include teaching and time for questions. Choose just one or string 2-3 together for a full-day, half-day or evening. Ideal for church retreats and camps!
- An Ecological Crisis? (explores the current situation in New Zealand and around the world)
- Why On Earth Should We Care? (explores the biblical basis/mandate for looking after what God had made, and why this planet matters to God)
- Growing the New Creation (explores an eschatology in the Church from the beginning, obliterated and obscured for 250 years, but recently re-asserted by writers such as Tom Wright, Alister McGrath, Michael Goheen, Randy Alcorn, Richard Middleton, & Rick Warren)
- Is Creation Care a Matter of Morality? (explores whether caring for creation is a moral imperative and has ethical implications)
- Creation Care as A Mode and Means of Mission (explores how caring for creation proclaims the Good News and can be utilised by the local church to reach their community and draw people towards Christ)
- Living Green (explores how to translate environmental stewardship from theory into practice - at both the individual and collective level)
The sermons are 20-30 minutes of inspirational, Bible-based teaching on a creation-related theme, leading listeners to an application which is personal, practical and specific.
New Creation New Zealand also facilitates contemplative walks, eco-retreats, creation care camps and eco-pilgrimages.
For more information, contact Phillip Donnell (Director, NCNZ) ph: 07 544 9509 or 021 172 3244.