To provide overall strategic and operational leadership, advising on and implementing policies and practices, giving missiological direction and engaging member churches, ecumenical partners and staff in achieving the aims and objectives of CWM. Most immediately these include the sharing of resources of finance, people, experience and insights within and beyond the CWM community as a source of mutual support in carrying out God’s mission. Ultimately, the object of CWM is “to spread the knowledge of Christ throughout the world” (Scheme of Charity). The General Secretary ensures that all activities of CWM conform to and support these aims.
- Experience working at senior level in a Christian institution, non-governmental organisation or ecumenical organisation involving the management of people, financial and other material resources and projects
- Involvement in world church and global ecumenical organisations
- Experience in setting priorities and directing church mission programmes
- Advocacy and representing one’s organisation to other bodies
- Experience of working effectively outside one’s country of residence and with cultures and gender other than one’s own
- Experience of business management and administration would be an advantage
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of theological understanding, ideally with a post graduate level qualification
- Qualifications and skills related to management or business administration (preferred)
- Broad understanding of the history of the world and missionary movement and the contemporary socio-economic, social and political issues affecting churches and mission and development organisations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are to send a recent resume/CV AND the prescribed application form (duly completed) to:
The HR Consultant, CWM GS Search @ email@example.com The closing date for applications is 31 August, 2019.
Download the job information pack including application form, position description and other information.