Under the Financial Reporting Act 2013, churches are defined as Public Benefit Entities and have to complete annual reports to PBE standards and post reports on charities register within six months of balance date. The information below supports parishes to meet their compliance and reporting requirements under this Act.
- Accounting Standards Presentation
- Tier 3 Finance Report Template
- Tier 4 Finance Report Template
- T3 Sample Report from Xero. July 2016
- T4 Sample Report from Xero. July 2016
Xero for Parishes
To assist parishes to prepare compliant annual reports to the required accounting standards - and in a manner that is easy for non-accounting specialists - Xero for Parishes was launched in 2012. Information about the cost, support available can be found in the files below.
- Xero for Parish Accounts
- Xero Conversion Form
- Xero Initial Training
- Parish Annual Accounts Preparation on Xero
MYOB Essentials is an alternative software package that parishes may wish to consider using. Access details of an MYOB special offer to churches using the link below.
- Download the Financial Review Certificate using this link: Finance Review Certificate
- Download the Direct Debit form