Presbytery Central is looking to appoint a Children and Families Ministry (CFM) Enabler to encourage and enable CFM ministry in the Central Region. The role is for an average of 25 hours per week.
The applicant will work collaboratively with the CFM Workgroup to identify and work towards goals for CFM ministry for the 80+ congregations in the Central Region. These goals will encourage the faith development of children, the leadership development of children’s ministry leaders, and the capacity and ability of churches to minister to and with children and families in the church and community.
The applicant will already have:
- An awareness of, and a commitment to the mission of Presbyterian and Uniting churches.
- A strong background in Christian children’s work
- An awareness of and willingness to work with the National Presbyterian CFM Team
- A willingness to work collaboratively with the wider Central Presbytery team
- A growing Christian faith that is nurtured and expressed in the engagement with a local church community
- A facilitative style of leadership.
- An interest in community facing and intergenerational approaches to CFM
- Good organisational, administrative and time management skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to self-start and show initiative.
- A commitment to working to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and an openness to people of all nations and cultures
- A willingness to be innovative and work with different congregations and situations
The location for this role is negotiable. The role will require travel across the Presbytery Central region, including six Regional Forums and two Presbytery Gatherings per year. Above all you will need a passion to see CFM ministry flourish in Presbytery Central.
Applications close: 25 June 2021
For a complete job description and application form, contact the Presbytery Office: email@example.com