CSW62 (2018) the 62nd session of the Commission on the Status of Women will take place at the United Nations Headquarters in New York from 12 to 23 March 2018.
Do you have a passion for social justice, gender equity and the empowerment of women? Applications to be a self-funded member of the delegation to attend CSW have been open for the past month. The deadline for applications is meant to be mid-December 2017, but exceptions could perhaps be made for exceptional reasons.
- The priority theme will be: challenges and opportunities in achieving gender equality and the empowerment of rural women and girls;
- The review theme will be: participation in and access of women to the media, and information and communications technologies and their impact on and use as an instrument for the advancement and empowerment of women
PWANZ has the privilege of being one of the few organisations in New Zealand to have Special Consultative Status at the United Nations. We can be proud of the contribution we make to empowering women and girls, promoting gender equity, and speaking out against violence and injustice.
If you are interested at this late stage in applying to be a self-funded member of the delegation, please send a brief CV and cover letter (ASAP) with answers to the following:
- Why you hope to be a member of the 2018 Presbyterian Women of Aotearoa New Zealand delegation?
- What aspects of gender justice, gender equality or the empowerment of women and girls are you particularly interested in?
- On your return how do you intend to share the knowledge gained in practical ways with other women and girls and the good men who support the empowerment of women?
Email your CV and cover letter to PWANZ United Nations Convenors:
AnneMarie Tangney: ph 0210696953, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mavis Duncanson : ph 022 028 7005, email email@example.com