The course is jointly organised by the National Dialogue for Christian Unity Aotearoa New Zealand and Centre for Ecumencial Studies, Charles Sturt University Canberra Australia.
This course unit will introduce students to the study of ecumenism by:
- examining the biblical and theological basis for ecumenism
- studying the history of the modern ecumenical movement
- discussing issues pertaining to the Unity of the Church and to Mission
- exploring problems and possibilities relating to ecumenical worship
- considering matters relating to justice, reconciliation and ecology.
Monday, 30 Sep – Fri, 4 Oct
Burns Lodge at Holy Cross Centre, 89 Church Street, Mosgiel, Dunedin
This course is offered both for students seeking accreditation towards a theology/ministry degree and for others wishing to participate as audits.
Learn more about course costs, assessment tasks and learning outcomes.