The purpose of this role is to facilitate the PCANZ Minister’s Development Plan (MDP) process with allocated Ministers. The focus of the MDP is on the Minister’s own personal and professional development for a 3-year period and is not a review or evaluation of the ministry in which they are serving.
Applicants should have an understanding of the commitments and context of Presbyterian ministry, and:
- Not currently in a PCANZ stipend position or performing a role similar to a Minister
- A professional qualification or equivalent industry experience in coaching, training, development, negotiation, facilitation and/or supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster relational trust in a range of diverse church environments
- Experience in working with a range of cultures and ethnicities
- Ability to speak another language (preferred not required)
- Ability to work with Ministers, in the following ways:
- to ask questions that empowers the Minister’s own self-reflection skills and
- to provide constructive feedback that enriches the development of the Minister
- Process orientated with attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and in plain language
- Excellent report writing skills including ability to articulate and analyse
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively to deadlines
- Strong negotiation, effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other professionals to form a community of practice
- Computer literate in MS suite of products, particularly Word and Excel, and preferably have had experience in working with Survey Monkey or similar survey platforms (Monday.doc).