Access parish PIF account
Parish treasurers may login here to access their PIF account https://bfs.booster.co.nz/Account/Logon.aspx.
If you are having problems connecting to the PIF website, site security has been upgraded, and you may need to reconfigure your browser. Please read the instructions for Internet Explorer here.
PIF interest rate
The interest rate paid on Presbyterian Investment Fund deposits is currently 3.5% p.a. The Trustees review the interest rate each month (except December), and interest is credited quarterly. For further information about the PIF, contact either the Executive Officer, Kos van Lier or Pat Griffin, Administrative Secretary, email@example.com
About the Presbyterian Investment Fund
The Presbyterian Investment Fund (previously known as the Amalgamated Investment Fund) is a consolidated cash fund of approximately $175 million offering high security and good interest rates with deposits available on call. The Fund is open to all parishes. Most of the deposits come from the more than 300 parishes who have funds not immediately required for operational activities. Other contributions come from parish capital funds, General Assembly funds and trust funds. Deposits cannot be accepted from individuals or non-Presbyterian entities.
A very high level of security is achieved by:
- Investing in a diverse range of fixed interest investments including bank debentures, government and local body stock and secure corporate bonds.
- There is no investment in property or shares.
- All investments are rated and have a minimum credit rating of A-. If any investment falls below this rating it is sold.
- The Fund holds significant reserves which enable the fund to access the more favourable longer term investment rates available while still ensuring that all cash withdrawals can be met.
Interest rates are maximised by:
- Pooling funds provides the opportunity to obtain interest rates normally only available to large investors.
- Managing the maturity dates of investments to maximise return.
- There is no profit. All interest except for a small administration charge is retained for investors.
Transactions are straightforward. Interest is credited quarterly and Parish Treasurers can view and download statements using their personal login access.
Download or view the latest Presbyterian Investment Fund report and financial statements. The annual newsletter is also available. Copies of older financial statements and newsletters are available on request from the Church Property Trustees.