General Assembly 2023 will be held from Wednesday 27 September to Sunday 1 October 2023. The venue will be Saint Kentigern College, Pakuranga, Auckland 2010.
- GA website: The GA2023 website is available now to register to attend GA. You will also find full details of the Assembly - visit the General Assembly website https://ga2023.nz/
- GA23 Moderator's logo: See more about the Moderator's logo here.
- GA timing: Assembly will begin with a powhiri and opening communion service at Saint Kentigern College, starting at 6.30pm on Wed 27 September and will conclude with the closing communion service 10am on Sunday 1 October.
- Business timing: Business each day will start at 8.30am and conclude at 6pm. See the business schedule on the General Assembly website.
- Evening programme: There will be an evening programme on Thursday 28 and Friday 29 September starting at 7.30pm – see the programme on the General Assembly website.
- Minister's day: There is no minister training day.
Full details about the 2023 General Assembly, including online registration to attend, information about accommodation, travel subsidies, evening events, regular Update messages etc are available on the dedicated GA2023 website.
SIGN UP FOR GA23 DAILY DECISIONS SUMMARY
Sign up now to receive an email every day of GA23. Unlike former years, this will not be a series of news emails but will instead be a daily summary of key decisions, as noted by the Business Assembly Work Group during business, plus links to video of the business sessions for full context. We will also share video of the installation of the Moderator, the address by the outgoing Moderator, keynote speaker, and guest speakers addresses, plus announcement of the Moderator Delegate. So even if you aren't there, sign up to keep up with the GA. Sign up below.
Deadlines for reports, proposals and recommendations to 2023 General Assembly
Following consultation with the Assembly Business Workgroup convener, a deadline has been set for receiving all reports and proposals that will be considered by next year’s General Assembly. All material must be received by Friday 16 June 2023. Guidelines to assist those seeking to bring proposals will be sent to parish councils and presbyteries early in the New Year. This timeframe will enable us to facilitate a consultative process with presbyteries prior to Assembly. In this way, we will be able to fulfil the 2012 Assembly decision supporting presbytery participation in the setting of the Assembly agenda.
Saint Kentigern has a Presbyterian heritage and long associations to the Presbyterian Church of Aotearoa New Zealand. Saint Kentigern College will host GA23 at 130 Pakuranga Road, Pakuranga, Auckland 2140.
The Rev Rose Luxford of Oamaru will be the next leader of the Presbyterian Church of Aotearoa New Zealand. Rose was elected Moderator designate by the Church and will take up the role of Moderator at the 2023 General Assembly. See more on Rev Rose Luxford here.